Violence continues to escalate at alarming rates in the conflict lines of Israel and Palestine. The attacks since the weekend of the Sheikh Jarrah incident have only continued to rise with Israel conducting air strikes over the Gaza strip and Palestinian militants countering them. This escalation has resulted in the death of countless within the matter of days and has raised international alarm for the potential of an all-out war.
Israeli bombardment has killed at least 83 Palestinians in Gaza since Monday and around 7 people have been killed in Israel. The aerial bombardments by Israel continued through the week even on Thursday which was Eid al-Fitr. The death toll is continuing to rise at alarming rates and the Israeli airstrikes have destroyed a residential tower block on the Gaza Strip.
The international communities have taken to the streets in support of Palestinians urging Israel to call off its military attacks. U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said the United Nations is “actively engaging all sides toward an immediate ceasefire” and called on them “to allow mediation efforts to intensify and succeed.” However as the UN Security Council held its first public meeting – after two private briefings last week – Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel’s campaign in Hamas Islamist-run Gaza was continuing at “full force”.
The situation is continuing to develop and the attacks are yet to cease while the UN and the Security Council scrambles to find a bipartisan solution. But the citizens of Palestine, especially the children, continue to live amidst the rubbles of the attacks and in fear of the constant bombings.